Short Term Emergency Housing
- New Day Advocacy Center: temporary housing only available to sexual assault or domestic abuse victims/survivors, 715-682-9566.
- Dove: temporary housing for individuals and families of domestic and sexual violence in Ironwood, MI, 906-932-4990.
- CASDA: temporary housing for individuals and families of domestic and sexual violence in Superior, WI, (800) 649-2921, (800) 649-2921.
- Harbor House: Provides thirty-day emergency shelter for women and families, (715) 394-9608, Superior, WI.
- Oakwood Haven Domestic: temporary housing for individuals and families of domestic and sexual violence in Hayward, WI, 9715) 634-9360.
- Short Term Hotel, 1-2 days, Salvation Army: Organizations that use Salvation Army funds for hotel rooms, Northlakes (all locations), Ashland PD, & The Brick. Salvation Army provides up to $300 in funds and client can only be in the database once a year, or up to $300 per year for each client.
- Northwest Counseling, 1-2 days: (715) 682-2141, The Crisis Bed Program in Ashland is an alternative to psychiatric inpatient hospitalization & offers assessment, short-term stabilization, and referral. Emergency services are available to residents of all ages in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Price, and Sawyer.
- NWCSA, Hotel Funds: funds are very limited, NWCSA, Becki Schillinger: 715-292-6400 Ext 6.
- Ashland Cares: (715) 685-4551
Long Term Housing
- NWCSA, Transitional Housing: NWCP has six apartments for all of Ashland & Bayfield County. Openings are slow, usually one apartment every few months and most people wait a very long time for this option, NWCSA, Becki Schillinger: 715-292-6400 Ext 6.
- Rural Urban Housing: Contact Ashland/Bayfield County Housing, Northlakes (all sites)
- Must be under 50% County Median Income by family size, call for specific $ limit
- Housing costs must be affordable, less than 50% of gross income spent on housing
- You will have to pay towards your housing costs to be eligible
- Must be at risk of homelessness, but an eviction notice is not required
- Must check with all local resources first
- Rent cannot be subsidized (low income housing or Section 8)
- Housing (Ashland Co., Bayfield Co., City of Ash, Bay and Wash): depending on qualifications (disability, age and/or family status & background check).
- Section 8 Housing: income based, Ashland County & Bayfield County, part of your county's housing program & qualifications
- Pinewood Apartments: Income based, (712) 580-5360.
- Tribal Housing: Applicant needs to be enrolled with tribe (Bad River or Red Cliff) to receive housing assistance with the tribe. If not enrolled with tribe, children need to be enrolled with the tribe.
Financial Help for New Housing or Past-Due Rent
- Salvation Army: Organizations that use Salvation Army funds are Northlakes (all locations), The Brick and Ashland PD. Salvation Army provides up to $300 in funds (housing, gas cards, utility bills, rent, etc.) and client can only be in the database once a year, or up to $300 per year for each client.
- WI Workforce Development, W2/FSET: One-time voucher for assistance per year. Starting at $516 for a household of 4, 855-792-5439.
- NWCSA may have other options not listed above, contact Becki Schillinger for more details: 715-292-6400 Ext 6.
- New Horizon: serving clients with substance abuse, mental health disabilities, rehabilitative residential supports and employment related skill training, (715) 682-7171.
- Ashland County Housing (715) 274-8311
- City of Ashland Housing (715) 682-7066
- Bayfield County Housing (City of Washburn) 715-373-2653
- Bad River Housing (715) 682-2271
- The Brick (715) 682-7425
- Northlakes: (888) 834-4551 (all locations)
- Pinewood Apartments: (712) 580-5360
- Red Cliff Housing (715) 779-3744